Total Pageviews

Friday, March 8, 2013

No more push ups

One hundred push ups lasted about 30 days, and well below the 100 mark.  My shoulder said, "No, but thanks anyway", so I listened.  I've reached the point were my spine is my strongest asset, and the other old lady parts are holding me back!
During a training session at work on the proper lifting techniques using emergency evacuation chairs for hospitalized patients, I "over-volunteered" and decided to be one half of the 2 person lift demo of an adult male up a flight of stairs.  Duhhhh.  Went two steps holding that weight and said, "ahhhh, this is probably not a great idea" and switched out to someone without a history of spinal surgery.  I did have some leg pain for the first time since surgery for a few hours - nothing serious - and Advil took care of it, with no residual affects the next day.  That has been about 3 weeks ago, and I'm sure I did no harm, but it was a big wake up call.  I have to respect my hardware.  I am not 15.  I am not 15.  I am not 15.
Looking forward to some spring-like weather, as my exercise habits are suffering!!!
Florida in 3 weeks.  Can't wait.  My scar is bikini worthy.  My winter fat stomach is not...


2 comments:

  1. Hi Joey Sue,
    I found your blog today. I had 2 level ADR with Nick Boeree on 11.2.11 - I think a couple of weeks after your surgery. The one year anniversary of his death weighs heavily on my mind and heart, as I think how close I came to not knowing firsthand the genius and expertise of Nick. I'm glad to hear how well you've done and celebrate with you. I, too, began a new life that day and have returned to all things outdoor and active and life-giving.
    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your thoughts and so glad you're doing so well too! I think nearly everyone who was blessed to have had Nick touch their lives is doing well. I've been thinking about his tragic passing too. I was in Florida last year when I heard and we'll be there again for spring break soon. Still hard to believe. I feel so lucky to have met him.

    ReplyDelete