Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Post op 20ish months

Scar barely visible.  No pain... nothing....ever....for any reason... it's still very strange!
This last weekend, I had a blast participating in a 5K Dirty Girls mud obstacle course in Chicago for the benefit of breast cancer research with other fun moms! 
Post event status:  Spine: perfect,  Knees: full of stones.

Anna, Briana, Amy, Stacey
Laurie, and me
June 29, 2013
 
I still get the frequent question (almost daily),  "How is your back!?" and I love to answer, "Perfect". 

I also get the more-concerned question, "What about your back?!" when I'm doing something more active. I'm happy to report my new, healthy spine really stops me from nothing I want to do.  I have no desire to snow ski, sky dive, or any other such activity that I would deem too risky when my titanium friends and inexperience are combined.  I can, though, do anything that is on my bucket list.  This was one of them!  I love supporting my bff Amy on her post bilateral breast cancer accomplishments and celebrate health for the both of us.

NEXT ADVENTURE.... We celebrated 25 years married this last week.  Yeah for us!
In 4 months, we are doing the big 25 year anniversary trip to Hawaii with 2 extreme adventures during that week.  Along with a 17 mile guided ocean kayak trip,  Blaine and I will also be hiking (unguided) a 22 mile round-trip mountain/ocean edge Napali Coast Kalalua trail adventure on the 12 year anniversary of my cancer surgery - October 16th.  That's pretty cool.

I will stop to pause, give thanks, and feel like a champ for the sweet victory over the 2 biggest health challenges of my life on that day!

Training has officially begun!  The next adventure awaits...


3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post, Joell. I'm so happy for you. As I read you post, I thought of the amazing gift your English doctor gave you before he died so unexpectedly and sent him a shout out of thanks on your behalf.

    Hawaii sounds epic! Enjoy and celebrate!

    Love, Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see the update and congrats on the anniversary! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you are doing so well and congrats on the anniversary!

    ReplyDelete