Total Pageviews

Monday, January 21, 2013

16 months post-op and going strong

My New Year's Resolution this year is to be the healthy, strong, and active person I have longed to be for many years.  I have no reason to be anything but!

I'm currently doing the one hundred pushups challenge www.hundredpushups.com and am building strength quickly.  My right shoulder protests a little, but my spine is on board with anything I have tried to date.  Together with this challenge, I'm throwing in 75 squats and 75 situps on the same days.  I'm also hiking outside in our fairly hilly area, and this has been a main stay activity since November.  (That is, until the temperatures dropped to 13 degrees this week.)  I'm back inside on the brain-draining gym equipment on the days I can motivate myself enough to do it.

All of this in preparation for my big goal this year of celebrating my 25th wedding anniversary with an extreme fitness adventure.  Blaine and I are scheduled for a Hawaiian vacation in October which includes a 17 mile ocean kayak trip, and a 22 mile hike through steep coastal mountains with an overnight camp on the beach.  (The overnight camp on the beach alone would have been the deal breaker 2 years ago, as I couldn't have imagined the pain of sleeping on the ground on a thin mat.  No problem now!)  My goal is to really build my strength enough to actually enjoy this trek, not just survive it!


Happy 25 years this year! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment