Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

9 months post op / 2 months post op

9 month spine update:  Could not be any better.  Even my scar is flat and faded.  Not having as much luck with the shoulder scar....
2 month shoulder update:  Getting much better.  I turned a corner at 7 weeks after some worry that I'm prone to scar tissue build up in the shoulder capsule.  It was being stubborn gaining the last 30 degrees of motion.  I'm probably only missing about 15-20 degrees now.  I kayaked for the first time since either surgery last week and while not painful, it was difficult.  I felt like I had a straight jacket on and had kayaked 20 miles.  (More like 20 feet). But great to be back in the seat again anyway! 
Last night was much better with finally being able to swim, and although it "pulled" a bit in the bicep area and was sore while I slept, it was a big improvement from the kayaking 8 days ago.  My surgeon gave me the go-ahead to really go after the full range, with a subtle threat to intervene if I didn't continue to improve. I do not want a manipulation, so charging ahead I am!
Although the strength is crap right now, I may try wake-surfing tonight!  The initial pulling up on the board is the only challenge, and if I make it past that, it should be easy.  We'll see how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment