Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

8 months post op / 5 weeks post op

Spine update:  Still spectacular!  8 months ago I bought a new spine for roughly the same price as a new car (pretty good deal I think) and had it installed by the best surgeon in the world.  I am forever grateful that my path veared to England and the magical hands of Mr Boeree.  I still can't believe the future of the orthopaedic world has to go on without him. Such a tragedy.  I skipped my 6 month xrays, as this was the exact same time that Mr Boeree was killed, and I really didn't feel the need to bother their office at such a difficult time.  I will wait for the radiation blast until the 1 year mark rolls around.  I have had absolutley no indication that this was anything but a perfect decision for me.  I feel great.

Shoulder update:  5 weeks post op.  I'm recently out of the sling and just started therapy, with the first session being pretty rough.  (I fired my therapist the next morning after a misarable night of post-therapy pain.  She laughed and we had an easier session that day!)  I have a long way to go, but can see progress every day.  I am hoping that in 3-4 weeks, I'll feel pretty normal.  My range of motion is severely limited at this point, but I'm moving a little more with each therapy session.  I'm only able to lift my arm half way, and forget reaching behind my back.  Not fun stuff, but not the worst thing I've been through!  I'm quite sure I will have a healthy, normal shoulder at the end of this bump in the road.

CAN.NOT.WAIT.TO.KAYAK!
NO.MORE.SURGERIES!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am considering action on bulging L2/3/4. Have history of discectomy 1990, 98, and fusion 1999 of L4/5/S1. Wonder how you linked to overseas for an operation? I am investigating coflex device, but confused about applicability without fusion.
    My surgeries were all great successes, until a trigger event, or now, until I aged another 13 years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zgun... condolences on your condition. I know it's consuming and frustrating. I don't personally know anything about Coflex. If you haven't been on the ADRsupport.org website (link to the left), I did a year's worth of daily research there, and that is how my path was forged to England, with a strong push from "denied insurance x 3" in the states. I'm guessing ADRsupport is where you found me though. There is so much information there, and so many people willing to help guide you. Unfortunately, my surgeon is now deceased, so my recommendations don't mean a whole lot any more. I think the skill of the surgeon is VERY much as important as the type of device. 100% happy with both in my case. Best wishes and let me know if I can help.

    ReplyDelete