Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Kicking my own butt

Having been given the green light on my 12 week xrays, I have started working out HARD.  My back is handling it great (4 months post-op now), however my 45 year old knees, shoulder, etc are complaining!
2 days ago, I walked a mile on the treadmill, but since my bladder control is not on my greatest accomplishments list, I switched to the eliptical.  4 additional miles and 1 hour later, I considered that work-out a huge success!  I did another 4 miles last night, and my left knee was killing me.  It's fine again today, but I obviously need to keep switching it up.  In addition, I'm doing a few core exercises with a therapy ball, planks, light weights with my arms.  My back has never felt stronger and more stable - at least not since about 10 years old!
Going back to the pool tonight, as my Y membership expires next week. 
Officially discharged from therapy, but have it right outside my door if I need it!
8 weeks until Florida - can't wait to have a normal spine on the beach! No lumbar support pillows needed this time!

2 comments:

  1. hey joey, i was recommended a hybrid like you as well. i was curious, i know you said it cost you 32gs. how much were travel expenses and hotel stays etc? another 5gs i suppose?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since we went in the off-season, we rented a house for a month (only stayed 3.5 weeks) for about $1700. (Less expensive than a hotel). Food? Since we didn't eat out a lot having a kitchen in the rental, probably another $1000-1500. Not too bad. Airfare I watched for months and it ended up about $800 each. 5K is about right on the low end. We are claiming all of it on our taxes for 2011. We'll see if that eases the pain any!

      Delete