Total Pageviews

Friday, February 10, 2012

Approaching 5 months post surgery

I can't believe I have to start thinking about my 6 month xrays already.  I counted the months since my surgery on my fingers twice yesterday thinking I surely must be mistaken.  But, yes, it will soon be 5 months since my surgery meaning my 6 month check up is coming up. 
My surgeon will, again, use modern technology to evaluate me from afar, and let me know how the bones are healing into my implants.  I will be getting xrays in mid-March, just before our vacation, and sending them away via a CD to the UK, and await an email from him on my progress.  Full healing is expected after 6 months to a year, especially at the fusion level.

I had some dull back pain last week that was a bit concerning, but I knew in my heart everything that means anything was perfectly fine.  I spent an enormous amount of time sitting in high school bleachers last week, so even though I use a "bleacher seat", I still was left with "bleacher butt" and back pain.  I feel fine again this week, but anticipate another bleacher butt week next week.... the joys of kids in sports!   I know I will dearly miss it in three years when our last baby goes off to college, so I will keep my complaints to a minimum and keep right on cheering through the ache.

The only other notable item right now is I had a routine dental cleaning a few weeks ago, if I haven't mentioned it already.  It was recommended that I take antibiotics the day of (1 hour before) any dental work.  Here is an article regarding this theory of  implants and antibiotics that I borrowed from another spine patient.








3 comments:

  1. After all you've been through I can imagine that learning what are normal aches and pains is a little tough. Bleacher butt is definitely normal. Been there. Heck, I pulled a muscle playing ping pong the other day. Normal? Achhh! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. In case you haven't heard yet, Mr. Boeree was killed in a motorcycle accident on Wed. Such a sad loss for so many people who were touched by his life, including us patients to whom he helped so significantly. Wish there was some way to repay all that he did.

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-17488536

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tim. Thanks... I didn't hear. I'm sick. Awful awful news.

    ReplyDelete