Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Moving on...

My blog started many, many months ago, and I put the few, simple goals I had for my spinal health at the bottom of my page.  I am happy to say I am ticking them off one by one.  Although there was no beach volleyball on spring break this year, it definitely was not due to lack of a healthy back.  I would have played volleyball without hesitation, if it weren't for
#1: My shoulder has been screwed up since January... still waiting for the tendonitis to resolve.
#2: I think we are all getting too old or too unmotivated for volleyball?  Ladder Golf (aka Hillbilly Golf, whatever you'd like to call it.... Old People Beach Golf with Plastic Poles and Swingy Balls on Strings?) was the game of the week.  Volleyball was never mentioned.
#3:  Aforementioned bladder control issues....


I can report though that my back is spectacular.  That is always my word of choice when asked how I'm doing.  It's more normal than it ever has been.  I am beyond pleased.

Here is a message on my late surgeon's website....

Message from The Spine Clinic

It is with great sadness that we have to inform you that Nick Boeree, Lead Consultant at The Spine Clinic died last week in a road traffic accident.
He was greatly respected and admired as both a surgeon and as a colleague and will be sorely missed.
Those of you who were treated by or worked with Nick, may want to post your own messages on the tribute page on this website - click here.
We can confirm that Nick's work will be continued by Chris Dare, an established spinal surgeon based in Southampton. Chris trained under Nick and worked closely with him and it was always intended that Chris would become an associate of The Spine Clinic. For more information on Chris Dare please click here.
For any queries relating to the practice of the Spine Clinic, please contact Jo Haley at The Spine Clinic on 023 8025 8454 or email JoHaley@uk-medsecs.co.uk.

No comments:

Post a Comment