Total Pageviews

Monday, February 24, 2014

Friend and Neighbor getting M6L! and I'm getting more shoulder anchors....

I just got a message from my neighbor that he's scheduled for a BIG surgery in March with Dr Ritter Lang. Not only does he have to remove his Dynesis implants in the lumbar region, but he will receive a 1-2 level fusion and 1-2 levels of M6Ls. Prayers and best wishes Kurt! It won't be easy but totally worth it. I am scheduled for surgery number ??? (I've lost count) this Wednesday. The right shoulder had a SLAP tear exactly 2 years ago, and apparently the left shoulder felt left out. My crappy joints are not limited to my spine, so here we go again. A SLAP tear is torn cartilage and requires an anchor(SLAP = Superior Labrum Anterior to Posterior). Not sure exactly how this came to be, but probably due to arthritic changes wearing on the structures and tissues in my joint capsule. At least I know what I'm in for this time - it wasn't fun. Netflix and narcotics, here I come!

1 comment:

  1. Hope your surgery went smoothly, Joell, and that you're snuggled in at home with your Netflix catch-up list. xoxo

    ReplyDelete